Add MOBIs to an Amazon Kindle E-reader
How to put a Prismatext MOBI book on your Amazon Kindle E-reader
IMPORTANT: Prismatext MOBI files work best on Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Oasis ereaders. We do not recommend using iOS Kindle or Android Kindle applications.
There are three main ways to add a Prismatext MOBI to a Kindle device:
- Send to your Kindle using your Kindle email address
- Transfer via the Send to Kindle app
- Transfer via USB Cable
Send to your Kindle using your Kindle email address
The quickest way to get your brand new Prismatext book on your Kindle device to email the MOBI file to your Send-to-Kindle email address.
Here’s how to find your Send-to-Kindle E-Mail Address and send your book to your Kindle:
- Click here to view your Amazon account’s Content and Devices
- Click on “Preferences,” then scroll down and click “Personal Document Settings”
- Add your email address to the “Approved Personal Document Email List”
- Email your MOBI file to your “Send-to-Kindle email address” as an attachment
Transfer via the Send to Kindle app
The Send to Kindle app works on Chrome browsers, Desktop (PC and Mac), and Android devices.
To get the app that works best for you, click here.
For Desktop users, here’s how to install Send to Kindle:
- Ensure your Kindle is connected to a WiFi network. Click here for help.
- Download and install the Send to Kindle app for Mac or PC. Log into your Amazon account.
- With the Send to Kindle app open, drag and drop your Prismatext MOBI file onto the Send to Kindle app. Then, select your Kindle under “Deliver To” and hit send.
Transfer via USB
If you prefer to connect your Kindle to your Desktop computer via a USB cable, follow these steps.
- Plug in your Kindle to your Desktop computer via USB.
- Open the Kindle drive that appears automatically and navigate to the Documents folder inside.
- Drag and drop your Prismatext MOBI file into Document folder on your Kindle.